Prawn Cakes with Cilantro-Caper Aioli
- 1 lb raw, wild shrimp or prawns, peeled, deveined, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely minced
- 3 medium green onions, finely minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying (High Phenol, Low FFA, High Oleic)
Heat 1" Extra Virgin Olive Oil in heavy, wide frying pan over medium-high heat to 350°F on a deep fry thermometer.
In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients (reserve 1 cup panko bread crumbs for breading shrimp cakes). Portion cakes evenly into four patties and coat thoroughly with reserved panko bread crumbs.
Fry 3 minutes per side, until bread crumbs are golden brown and shrimp cakes are cooked through.
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers in brine, drained thoroughly
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt (try our Flor de Sal)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp water
Place egg yolks, water, salt, capers, and lemon juice in blender or food processor. Pulse to finely chop cilantro and capers.
Mix olive oils. With motor running, drizzle oil mixture in slowly, being careful not to pour too quickly.
Simple Baby Greens Salad
- 4 cups baby greens, for serving
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey Ginger White Balsamic
Whisk together olive oil and balsamic. Toss baby greens with vinaigrette and serve shrimp cakes over greens with a dollop of aioli.