Rustic Bruschetta with heirloom tomatoes
- 6 cups tomatoes (mixture of pear, grape and cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chiffonade basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 loaves Ciabatta bread sliced in half (horizontally)
- 1/2 cup Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mix together first 6 ingredients and marinate for 2 hours at room temperature.
Brush bread with Basil Olive Oil and broil in oven until edges are golden brown.
Remove from oven and slice in 2 inches slices. Plate tomatoes in the middle of a platter and surround with sliced bread. Alternatively, slice bread and serve individually with bruschetta.